CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER Certification is a mark of excellence granted to individuals who meet the stringent standards of education, examination, experience and ethics. It is the most prestigious and internationally accepted Financial Planning qualification recognized and respected by the global financial community.
Financial planning standards board India(FPSBI) is the principal licensing body that awards CFPCertification in India through an agreement with FPSB Ltd. CFP Certification is the highest level of Certification worldwide in the field of Financial Planning with over 100000 CFPcertificants and widely respected by consumers, professionals & industry.
Financial Planning Standards Board Ltd (FPSB) is a nonprofit association that manages, develops and operates certification, education and related programs for financial planning organizations so that they may benefit and protect the global community by establishing, upholding and promoting worldwide professional standards in personal financial planning. FPSB Lts commitment to excellence is represented by the marks of professional distinction CFP, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER and CFP.
Advantages to a Client
Parameters to choose your Financial Planner
While you may choose to work with different advisors for different investment needs or work with a single trusted Financial Planner year after year, you will find the following parameters useful in deciding if the advisor you are choosing deserves your confidence and trust.
- Qualifications Check what qualification he has in the field of personal finance. Professionals like Certified Financial Planners (CFPCM Certificants) go through elaborate education program & adhere to strict ethical guidelines.
- Experience Choose an advisor who has prior experience of counselling individuals on their financial needs.
Association /Professional Membership Find the credibility of the Financial Advisor’s employer or the professional organization he is associated with.
- Reference Always ask for two references of his clients. Asking references keeps the advisor on toes and doesnt let him take you for granted. Also, be ready to give references if you are satisfied with his services.
Questions to ask a mutual fund advisor before hiring him/her
While looking out for a competent Financial Planner/ Wealth Manager, Financial Consumers, below are the questions listed to ask a Financial Planner before hiring him/her.
1. What experience do you have?
Choose a personal mutual fund advisor who has sufficient experience counselling individuals on their financial needs.
2. What are your qualifications?
Look for a personal Financial Planner who has proven experience in topics such as insurance, tax planning, investments, estate planning or retirement planning.
3. What services do you offer?
The services a the mutual fund advisor depend on a number of factors including credentials, licenses and areas of expertise.
4. What is your approach to personal Financial Planning?
Ask the mutual fund advisor about the type of clients and financial situations he or she typically likes to work with. Make sure the personal Financial Planner’s viewpoint on investing is not too cautious or overly aggressive for you.
5. Will you be the only person working with me?
The mutual fund advisor may work with you himself or herself or have others in the office assist in the process. You may want to meet everyone who will be working with you.
6. How will I pay for your services?
As a part of your mutual fund advisory, the mutual fund advisor should clearly tell you in writing how he or she will be paid for the services to be provided.
7. How much do you typically charge?
While the amount you pay the mutual fund advisor will depend on your particular needs, the advisor’s level of experience and your geographic location. The The mutual advisor should be able to provide you with an estimate of possible costs based on the work to be performed.
8. Could anyone besides me benefit from your recommendation?
The mutual fund advisor may also have relationships or partnerships that should be disclosed to you, such as the business he or she receives for referring you to an insurance agent, accountant or attorney for implementation of the Financial Planning recommendations.
9. Have you ever been publicly disciplined for any unlawful or unethical actions in your professional career?
Ask what organizations the mutual fund advisor is regulated by and contact these groups to conduct a background check.
10. Can I have it in writing?
Ask the mutual fund advisor to provide you with a written letter of engagement that details the services that he or she will provide. Keep this document in your files for future reference.
We assure you that our team is well equipped with the requisite expertise and skills to render the best quality services with respect to your financial goals.
Contact us for personalised financial solutions
Get Right Advice on your Investments here…